Aeon 2 Open Headphone
Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 OPEN Back Headphones
This product hasn't been reviewed yet. Write a review
AEON 2 Open Headphones
(Supplied to the UK, Ireland and France only)
The original Aeon Flow broke new ground with its ergonomic and stylish industrial design that have hallmarks of Dan Clark Audio designs. From the elegant shape of the earcups, to the lightweight nitinol headband, and the amazing performance of its in-house designed planer drivers, it’s hard to belive they found a ways to improve it……… but they did!
Improved Performance - The new AEON 2 is not a minor update to a great product, it’s truly a colossal performance upgrade. Dan and team took what they learned designing one of the most highly awarded flagship headphones of 2018, ETHER 2, and redesigned the new AEON 2 driver from the ground up using ETHER 2’s state of the art motor tech.
New features include:
- Updated driver structure flipped 180 degrees to remove magnet and flow structures from the diaphragm to the ear
- Streamlined flow elements converted to a single construction, removing air gaps to improve internal airflow
- Higher precision machined flow structures replace injection molded parts
- Superior driver damping for improved resolution, dynamics and a smoother frequency response
- New voicing, with a warmer, fuller tone for the closed, a leaner lower midrange for the open, and a much larger soundstage for both models
This new and elegant folding mechanism deserved a custom designed case, and we are very proud of the outcome. This form fitting protective case also fits your cable of choice and takes up half the room in your backpack or purse the old Aeon case did.
While we understand many of you will only travel with the Aeon 2 Closed we have included the new folding structure on the Aeon 2 open as well.
- Efficiency: 92dB/mW Closed, 94dB Open
- Weight (without cable): 340gr Closed, 321gr Open
- Detachable 2m premium dual-entry cable with 3.5mm and 1/4" termination
- Impedance: 13 ohms
- Frequency Response: Yes*
*Dan Clark Audio does not publish a spec because too many vendors shamelessly exaggerate the response of their headphones to win the "spec wars," making any comparison of specs irrelevant.
£900More coming soon